For Russian Federation:
- Forming the natural bridge between Asia and Europe, strengthening the development of Russian business and its’ influence on trade and economic relations of the Asia-Pacific region;
- Improving relations with countries of the Asia-Pacific, as well as strengthening the influence of Russian Federation in the region;
- Development of competition and market relations in the markets of carrier-forwarding services by creating the new operator-forwarding company;
- Creation of additional jobs in the Far Eastern region to provide the qualified Russian specialists for the construction and operation of infrastructure in DPRK.
- Modernization of the country's transport infrastructure through foreign investments;
- Creating additional tax revenues and jobs for the citizens of DPRK;
- Receiving revenues from the Company in the form of rental fees for infrastructure and dividends from participation in the Company’s capital;
- Establishment and restoration of economic and transport ties with the Republic of Korea;
- Restoration of the country's international market relations and increasing the investment attractiveness of DPRK.
For “Russian Railways” OJSC (“RZD”):
- Increase in the volume of cargo transportation by Trans-Siberian Railway and strengthening of the market positions of "RZD";
- Implementation of measures to achieve the strategic goals of “RZD”.
- Reduction of freight costs for cargo owners and year-round transshipment of coal, due to the favorable location of the ice-free port in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Using the capacity of the Trans-Siberian Railway and the infrastructure of a modern coal terminal, facing the lack of terminal capacity for coal exports;
- Expansion of the coal sales market for Russian coal exporters, strengthening of competitive positions in growing markets of the Asia-Pacific region;
- Redistribution of cargo flows and use of the convenient geographic location of DPRK to optimize those flows.